16 Oct Guacamole Bruschetta Toast | Healthy Recipes
A Healthy Recipe by Dietitian Jackie
In need of an easy, healthy recipe for an appetizer for an upcoming party or get-together you are hosting? This Guacamole Bruschetta Toast is sure to be a crowd-pleaser! Avocados are packed with vitamin K, Vitamin C, and B vitamins. Most people don’t realize that avocados contain more potassium than a banana, and can replenish your muscles after a great workout. And you can’t forget about the insane amount of heart healthy fats ? Add a healthy twist to your appetizer selection this fall!
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp adobo
- Juice of ¼ lime
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 ciabatta or sourdough bread slices, sliced about ½ inch thick
- Place bread slices on a baking sheet. Place under the broiler and broil until golden on one side, roughly 2-3 minutes. Let the toast cool.
- Mash avocado, and then add adobo and lime. Mix well and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix tomatoes, red onion, parsley, salt and olive oil.
- To assemble: spread avocado mixture over the toast and top with tomato bruschetta.
- Season with extra salt, if needed, and enjoy.