09 Feb Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili
PREP TIME: 5 mins.
COOK TIME: 6 hrs.
TOTAL TIME: 6 hrs.
Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili is an easy slow cooker dump recipe using freezer and pantry staples! This has been one of my most popular recipes since 2008!
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 – 15.5 oz. can black beans, drained
- 1 – 15.5 oz. can kidney beans, drained
- 1 – 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 10 oz. package frozen corn kernels
- 2 – 10 oz. cans diced tomatoes w/chilies
- 4 oz. can chopped green chili peppers (chopped)
- 1 packet reduced sodium taco seasoning or homemade (see below)
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 24 oz. 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
To make your own taco seasoning, omit the packet, cumin and chili powder above and use below instead:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, diced tomato, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker and mix well.
- Nestle the chicken in to completely cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours.
- Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred.
- Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in.
- Top with fresh cilantro and your favorite toppings!
Serving: 1 scant cup
Calories: 220 kcal, Carbohydrates: 28g, Protein: 21g, Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 44mg, Sodium: 729mg, Fiber: 8.5g, Sugar: 6g